Educator Boot Camp has been postponed for 2020 due to COVID19. Applicants for 2020 will be accepted for the 2021 program., Applications will reopen in 2021 for additional educators to apply.
WHO: Any Williams County educator who plays a role in helping students plan for their education and career goals is encouraged to apply. Educators selected for the Boot Camp must be available for the entirety of the program.
- Boot camp will provide educators with a professional development experience that is uniquely focused on career development. Participants will have the opportunity to meet with area business leaders, participate on in depth company tours, learn about in-demand careers, and learn about what skills future generations need to be learning in the classroom.
- Participants will earn 3 hours of college credit through Ashland University upon successful completion.
- Each participant will be required to create a unit, presentation, or activity to use in the classroom for Fall 2020. Participants will present an overview of the project on June 18th.
- 100% attendance is required.
- Only $250 for 3 college credit hours. Additional scholarships may be available!
This program will equip educators in Williams County with career development knowledge that cannot be learned from a textbook. The first-hand experience of touring a business and being able to interact one-on-one will help to provide educators a new perspective and understanding of career development.
Orientation will take place at the NWOESC, Archbold. All business visits will occur within Williams County.